In 1799 the Hudson's Bay Company and the North West Company each built a trading post near the confluence of the North Saskatchewan and Clearwater Rivers. Thus began a rivalry in this spot which lasted until 1821 when the two companies merged.
As the years passed two more posts were built and operated off and on until the last one was closed down in 1875. Today this spot is preserved as a National Historic Site.
Copyright 2008 - 2013, Confluence Heritage Society and Dyna Web Works - All Rights Reserved